Thursday, November 09, 2006

CRUSH production mold ...

Erick Scarecrow of ESC Toys just sent these fresh pics from a secret location in China...
The PRODUCTION MOLDS of CRUSH.
These metal forms are filled with a vinyl powder, sealed, and spun quickly in a heating unit.
Centrifugal force causes the powder to stick to the sides of the molds, filling every nook and cranny.

CRUSH's Torso


Head and Feet

Once the vinyl is cooled, the molds are opened and the parts are ready for the next step.

We should have new pics soon!

11 comments:

Stephen M. Levinson said...

looks cool! I dont get how it could possibly be all rusted if this is a new mold.

Anonymous said...

It's the heat that does that you moron!

Thorny said...

hey now, be nice. Not everyone is up on oxidation.

(Here's where I'd normally go into a 15 minute long "claven-ism" about the whole process of iron forging -- but I've promised those around me that I'd try to cut back on the long monotonous stories.)

Mukpuddy said...

Whoa this really cool!!

Stephen M. Levinson said...

oh ok cool.

and its not like every single person in the entire world knows what the heck oxidation is anonymous.

Anonymous said...

C'mon. Own up. Those pictures
are from the next installment
of "Saw".

the doodlers said...

Hey! Thaanks for posting these fascinating pix from Eric Scarecrow if that IS his real name...

Erick Scarecrow said...

Todd beat me to it! There was another part that I was going to disclose for this process but I guess we can wait for the next stage. Hey Doodlers! Erick Scarecrow is my designer name. My real name is.... classfied (O.O)

END said...

Hey - who said making toys was fun???

Jav said...

jeez, this process looks insane! So much for making my own toys...

Anonymous said...

Awsome stuff, it's nice to see how toys are made. I'm actually interested in sculpting toys, and probably will get more into it after i take some scultping classes.